Corrections can be applied to give the illusion of a differently shaped nose. Contouring and highlighting can therefore be used on the nose to sculpt it. There are many different types of noses and vary due to length, size, and shape. Here is a chart.
Types of Noses
- Use dark corrections on the tip and wings of the nose to make it straight.
- If the nose is thin, create an effect of wider width by applying a light color to the sides.
- A light-tone or neutral shade of lip color is recommended.
- Highlight the tip of the nose.
- Highlight the wings of the nose.
- Shade the sides of the nose and the tip of the nose.
- Remove hair from the space between the eyebrows, making them separate further so the nose appears smaller.
- Apply a shade or two lighter than the skin tone to the all over nose area.
- Apply a darker color to the sides of the nose, contouring the sides of the nose.
- Highlight the center of the nose.
- Make up the laterals with a light-tone color to give the illusion of more width.
- Apply a dark color to the side of the deviation and a light color to the other side.
- Where hairstyle is concerned, a fringe that leans to the contrary direction of the deviation will help detract attention from that zone.
Remember that practice makes perfect. If you would like in-person makeup lessons, use my contact page.